Met him at 18. Married at 21. Divorced a month shy of my 40th birthday. Suddenly I was single again, for the first time in 21 years. Gulp. I took time to heal — probably not enough time, truth be told — and then I decided to try my luck in the dating world.…
Quote of the day
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau
- FCA crypto warnings found lacking as experts fear ‘terrifying’ risks for investors'The watchdog is clearly concerned the message is not getting through'
- View: Farewell, Andy Haldane, the Bank of England’s very own maverickThe ebullient chief economist leaves a legacy as a man unafraid to speak his mind at the central bank
- PwC UK promotes 63 to partner — here are the namesBig Four firm boosts deals practice in booming M&A market
- Bank of England holds rates as inflation pressures increaseCentral bank holds ceiling on asset purchases but near-term inflation is expected
- Barclays hires Korkut from Credit Suisse for senior fixed-income roleThe 17-year veteran is latest departure from Credit Suisse as the bank looks to keep talent after crises
- Goldman Sachs says England will beat Germany in Euro 2020England to beat Germany and reach Euros final, bank's analysts say
- Visa to buy European open banking platform Tink in €1.8bn dealnull
- MPs slam City watchdog’s hiring process for key role after mini-bond scandalTreasury committee questions whether only internal candidates should have been tapped up for transformation directorship
- Bill Ackman gets bullish on music streamingPershing expects mass distribution of music by Spotify Technology, Apple, Amazon.com, Alphabet’s Google and others
- Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffett set to leave Bill & Melinda Gates FoundationThe Gates Foundation is one of five beneficiaries of Buffett’s largesse
- Antivirus pioneer John McAfee found dead in Spanish prison cellAntivirus company founder sold his slice of the business in the 1990s for more than $100m
- Morgan Stanley staff must be vaccinated before return to the officeIn New York, employees will have to provide confirmation of vaccine status
- Rathbones snaps up Saunderson House amid flurry of wealth management dealsThe £150m deal would make the firm the the third-largest wealth manager in the UK
- PRA chief questions banks’ ability to withstand Archegos-style shocksPrudential regulatory head fears multiple collapses could cause a 'serious problem'