Met him at 18. Married at 21. Divorced a month shy of my 40th birthday. Suddenly I was single again, for the first time in 21 years. Gulp. I took time to heal — probably not enough time, truth be told — and then I decided to try my luck in the dating world.
Quote of the day
Dogs never bite me - just humans.
- FCA staff hold meeting to discuss going on strikeUnite continues to call for industrial action in the face of pay overhaul
- Davos back on the agenda for in-person conference in May
- Why investors want out of Spacs
- Brace for a return to office life --- Here's a list of which firms are doing whatHere's a list of companies updating guidance to staff following Boris Johnson's sudden shift in home-working advice
- Trading Places: All change at Credit Suisse, Barclays backs former finance ministerFind out who is on the move in the City and beyond this week
- Joint Nomura-CoinShares-Ledger venture Komainu nabs LME's Matthew ChamberlainUnder Chamberlain, the LME launched a register of mining companies that agreed to make disclosures around key sustainability issues
- Netflix woes could be just the start of an investor reckoningInvestors are finding new ways to value the company that pioneered an industry and is perhaps reaching maturity first
- JPMorgan boss Jamie Dimon's pay surpasses $34m as bank profit hits recordThe JPMorgan board had also awarded Dimon a $50 million special bonus earlier in 2021 outside of annual pay
- Bitcoin and cryptos tumble after Russia proposes banRussia's central bank proposed a ban on the use and mining of cryptocurrencies
- The US market is near the end of a 'superbubble,' says fund titan Jeremy Grantham'We are in what I think of as the vampire phase of the bull market,' says the GMO co-founder in a paper
- The Fed weighs in on a digital dollar in step towards 'significant innovation in American money'The Fed is 'considering how a CBDC might fit into the US money and payments landscape'
- Microsoft deal shows that Meta doesn't own the metaverse
- Credit Suisse re-hires Scott Bardo in healthcare dealmaking pushCredit Suisse has been hiring senior dealmakers after a spate of departures
- FCA pushes back annual staff survey as decision on pay reforms nearsRegulator to wait until pay and perks review concludes before gauging staff's opinions