Met him at 18. Married at 21. Divorced a month shy of my 40th birthday. Suddenly I was single again, for the first time in 21 years. Gulp. I took time to heal — probably not enough time, truth be told — and then I decided to try my luck in the dating world.
Quote of the day
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
- Hackers steal $100m in cryptocurrencyTech company Harmony says it is working to retrieve funds and identify who is behind the theft on one of its blockchain bridges
- Revolut enters buy-now-pay-later fray with offering to rival KlarnaPay Later product launches in Ireland with European rollout planned
- Trading Places: Perella poaches Klaassen, Barclays backs Vohra, TP ICAP takes FieldsFind out who is on the move in the City and beyond this week
- EY breakup faces tough questions on partner pay and bear marketSplit-off of consulting firm would face a competitive market without EY brand
- Klarna seeks fresh funds to keep up with regulatory capital requirementsAs one of the biggest players in the fintech scene, Klarna's ability to raise new money from investors is being closely watched
- LME appoints Oliver Wyman to oversee nickel crisis post-mortemThe firm will review events surrounding a March spike in nickel prices that led the LME to wipe $4bn in trades
- FCA hits insurance broker JLT Specialty with £7.9m bribery fineInsurance broker that is now part of Marsh & McLennan had failed to manage risks effectively, leading to bribes of more than $3m, FCA says
- Three Arrows Capital behind on $666m loan, crypto broker Voyager Digital saysThe broker says it could issue a notice of default against the crypto hedge fund
- FCA pay debate reignites as 68 senior staff make more than the prime ministerCritics have slammed such high pay packets, yet some note it's 'peanuts relative to what they could make in the private sector'
- MPs to up FCA oversight as regulators face Brexit pressureAs watchdogs take responsibility for EU rules, a new committee will monitor their progress
- Fresh Credit Agricole strategy sets goal of one million new customersFrench bank lays out plans for new business lines and net income boost
- UK sanctions boss predicts pushback from lawyers over Russia crackdownCity's legal profession set to be thrust into the spotlight again as sanctions boss predicts wave of Russia litigation
- MarketAxess, Tradeweb, Bloomberg join forces in bid to tackle soaring bond data pricesThe trio's efforts to create a consolidated tape would help stem the 50% jump in bond data costs over the past five years
- Sam Bankman-Fried's FTX rolls out $250m credit line to BlockFiBitcoin fell as low as $17,602 on 19 June, down more than 70% from its November high, before rising above $21,000 on 21 June